Compensation: $32,650.00 - $61,460.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Facility Maintenance
Loading some great jobs for you...
Thank you for your interest in joining our team! We hire right, train smart, empower our employees to make decisions, and provide ample opportunities for growth and ultimate success.Cooper Consolidated is a balanced, asset-based provider of midstream stevedoring, barge, marine, and logistics services. With operations based along the lower Mississippi River between Southwest Pass and Baton Rouge, we provide cargo handling and movements throughout the U.S. inland waterway system. Our expert team ensures your important cargo is safely transported from origin to destination while making the experience as easy and worry free as possible.
Do you have electrical and mechanical experience as well as hydraulic knowledge and are looking to join an growing and stable organization? If so, this could be the job for YOU!
This job is primarily responsible for performing and supervising those who perform preventative maintenance on location equipment within the assigned department(s) and/or location(s). Additionally, this job will assist in maintenance projects and assessment of future location (i.e. facility, terminal, building needs).In this job, you will:
Here s what you ll need to be considered:Education
- Plan, prioritize, perform, inspect, and schedule routine and preventative maintenance tasks at the assigned location(s); maintain appropriate documentation for all maintenance and repairs.
- May assist location management team with planning, prioritizing, and directing daily work of location staff.
- Supervise employees in all activities in the maintenance department; may include overseeing or assisting with staffing and job development activities (hiring, training, employment performance management, promotions, corrective actions, terminations, etc.).
- Fully participate and perform all duties within compliance of OSHA, company safety, and environmental regulations (ISO where applicable); including company safety program, pre-shift meetings, and wearing appropriate PPE for task being performed.
- Troubleshoot problems to prevent downtime and incidents, monitor equipment to ensure working properly, and ensure repairs are completed daily by maintenance team to maintain efficient operation.
- Operate heavy machinery and equipment, as needed; where applicable.
- Coordinate and purchase appropriate inventory to complete routine tasks and/or repairs at assigned location(s).
- Utilize expertise and experience to make recommendations on possible solutions to problems and to mentor others in more complex tasks.
- Perform safety audits and daily walk-though of location and equipment, where applicable.
- Assist in location specific projects and plans for upgrades, where applicable.
- Attend continuing education as required, where applicable.
- Other duties as assigned, including clean-up of work area(s) during and after task is completed.
Required - High school diploma, equivalent, or equivalent experience.
Preferred Bachelor s degree.Experience
Required 5 years experience in electrical and mechanical maintenance.
Preferred Experience in a similar role within an industrial environment, experience leading a team.
Preferred Welding, and fabrication experience as well as hydraulic knowledge.License/Certification
Preferred - Mechanical Maintenance Certificate and/or OHSA Certification/training.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Here s additional information you need to know:Physical Demands & Requirements
- Intermediate to advanced level of understanding of mechanical maintenance, knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Strong computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of people within and outside the organization.
- Ability to read and understand measurements; and perform basic math (i.e. addition, subtraction, multiplication, division).
- Effective leadership skills or ability to learn and apply leadership skills.
- Ability to remain focused on exceptional customer service both internally and externally.
- Ability to follow direction and use logical thought process to interpret oral and written communications and recommend alternative solutions to mechanical problems.
- Ability to complete documentation requirements.
- Ability to determine and utilize tools appropriate for assigned tasks.
- Ability to multi-task with exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Ability to lift/push/pull 50 lbs. occasionally.
Ability to climb, crawl, stoop, kneel and balance.
Manual dexterity e.g., ability to grasp, manipulate and assemble small objects.
Arm/hand steadiness and multi-limb coordination.
Ability to safely walk on barge surface(s) and on top of railcars.
Ability to climb ladders and perform work at significant heights.
Ability to perform work in confined spaces and around deep water.
Ability to work outside in extreme weather conditions.
Ability to understand and communicate verbally, in person and over two-way radio.
Ability to work extended hours, weekend, holidays and/or alternate shifts as needed.
Ability to work on call as needed.
Ability to work in an environment with high dust levels around grain and other bulk products.
Uses near, far and peripheral vision and depth perception for task(s) being performed.Environmental Conditions
The work environment described here are meant to be representative of those an employee would normally encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions. Frequently required to use personal protective equipment.
Exposure to such conditions such as fumes, noxious odors, dusts, mists, gases, and/or poor ventilation that affect the respiratory system, eyes, or skin.
Travel required to various locations overnight travel may be required depending on function/department supported.Are you ready to make a meaningful career move & an impact at Cooper Consolidated, LLC? Apply today!Known in our industry for stability and high ethics, Cooper Consolidated, LLC offers a stellar benefits package including: an outstanding 401(k) retirement plan with company contributions, medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, life, & disability benefits, flexible spending accounts, paid leave (holidays, vacation, sick), wellness programs, recognition programs, community involvement opportunities, and much more!
Cooper Consolidated, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO is the Law links in English or Spanish.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
All Third Party Agencies, Headhunters, and Recruiters
Cooper Consolidated, LLC and its Subsidiaries only forms contracts with recruiters with whom we have an established relationship and with whom we have in place a signed contract. All contact from third parties must go through our Human Resources Department. Any contact made outside of our Human Resources Department by a third party will cancel any future business relationships between the third party and Cooper Consolidated, LLC and its Subsidiaries.
Associated topics: calibrate, customer service, equipment, field service, field service technician, machine maintenance, maintenance mechanic, maintenance technician, troubleshoot, upgrade
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...