Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Education - Excluding Post Secondary
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Teach 15 hours a semester of American Sign Language courses at all levels, using master and departmental syllabi. Hold regular office hours, and attend department meetings regularly and participate on committees as needed for curriculum development and program review.
Minimum Qualifications/ Work Experience:
Experience teaching ASL and/or Interpreting in an education/community/agency setting
Preferred Qualifications/ Work Experience:
Experience teaching ASL and/or Interpreting in a community college or university
1. Experience in the use of educational technology and/or distance learning
2. Experience in curriculum program management and development
3. Demonstrated evidence of successful collaboration with one of the following: school systems, community agencies, and other organizations
4. Demonstrated evidence of professional involvement in the field
1. National certification in interpreting and/or ASLTA certification
2. Demonstrated leadership and membership in national professional organizations such as RID, ASLTA, & NAD and CIT
Master's degree in Deaf studies, ASL Studies, Interpreting or a related field
Preferred Education (if different from minimum):
Licenses / Certifications Required:
Required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear. Ability to lift up to 25 lbs., and stand for long periods of time possibly.
40 hour work week, at least 25 on site, nine months; exact hours determined by teaching schedule; possibility of shift work. Must be willing to teach evening classes if required.
Pre-Employment Screening Requirements
Criminal Background Check
Civil Service Test Requirements:
Civil Service Job Specification:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Special Notes For Applicants:
Letter of Reference 1
Letter of Reference 2
Letter of Reference 3
Salary Information for Posting: * The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...