The Dialysis Registered Nurse is key to providing specialized nursing care in the in-center hemodialysis unit. The RN works in collaboration with all clinic team members to ensure every patient receives the safest care with the highest quality optimal outcomes.
This position is full-time, 4 days/week.Responsibilities
- Performs hemodialysis treatments in accordance with approved facility policies and procedures.
- Prior to initiation of dialysis, ensures dialysis machine, its alarms, and all products used during treatment are prepped and meet quality standards.
- Monitors the patient during dialysis, assess any emergent changes in the patient's condition, and communicates any problems to the physician and patient's family.
- Administers and charts all prescribed pre, intra, and post dialysis medications and charge items in the Medical Information System (MIS) and on the treatment flow sheet.
- Follows CDC/CMS regulations with strict reinforcement of infection control.
- Participates in patient care conferences, medical rounds and chart reviews, as assigned.
- Collaborates with all staff members and renal team members to maintain medication inventory, ensure the dialysis machines are functioning properly, and maintain an adequate stocking of unit supplies.
- Graduate of an accredited registered nursing program.
- Possesses and maintains a current license in the State as a registered nurse.
- Maintains current CPR certification.
- Previous dialysis experience preferred.
- DCI provides comprehensive hands-on and theory orientation/training in order to equip our nurses for success.
DCI is a federal contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer-Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. If you are having difficulty using the online application system or would like to request other accommodations or application methods, please contact Doug Patterson at [Click Here to Email Your Resum ] or 615-###-####. Once a request has been made, DCI will initiate a discussion with you about your needs and whether an accommodation can be provided. DCI is committed to providing such accommodations where possible.
For more information about equal opportunity please see:
Associated topics: asn, ccu, coronary, hospice, nurse clinical, nurse rn, registed, surgery, tcu, unit