The senior project manager will hold or share responsibilities with other project management personnel, operations staff, and business development staff for all phases of contract operations, including, but not limited to, assisting in the preparation of proposals, presentation of capabilities to potential clients, compliance with contract terms and conditions, project setup, communicating specifications, monitoring and reporting progress, schedule and budget compliance, coordinating project teams, revenue recognition and invoicing, and project closeout for all Dimentional Control projects and customers.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, business, remote sensing, or related field of study; major or significant course work in project management preferred
- Five (5) years of successful project management experience (i.e., achieved expected business results) in Dimentional Control or related industry, with at least five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in management and two (2) years of client management experience with primary accountability for client relationships at the management level
- Able to plan, organize, and function effectively in a dynamic environment, addressing multiple demands of production, clients, and affiliates
- Able to develop and maintain strong relationships with clients, both internal and external
- A deep understanding of project management tools and approaches to manage complex, multi-disciplinary projects from inception to final delivery
- The technical depth and creativity to be able to make sound technical decisions and to guide and direct project teams and multiple full project lifecycles
- Dedication and commitment to client satisfaction and company profitability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
Other Relevant/Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification/designation highly preferred
- Professional, executive-like dress and personal professional demeanor
- Technical and Commercial presentation skills
POSITION DUTIES/WORK RESPONSIBLITIES
Essential Job Functions
- Develop and maintain and/or manage contracts for current and new business.
- Review and verify project planning materials before production begins. This includes the verification of estimates and job cost setup, project boundaries, control distribution, project layouts, and other project design materials.
- Develop the necessary reporting and communication tools and provide effective, timely, and informative communication to clients throughout the projects cycle.
- Monitor financial aspects of projects and handle billing and other financial items. Prepare requests for invoicing through the review and analysis of both month and job to date performance against budget, direct hours, aging receivables, work in progress, accrued expenses, time record lists, subcontractor activity, and contract backlogs.
- Consult finance on aging receivables to promote collection, alerting finance of any outstanding technical/production issues. Aid collection through direct contact with the client as necessary.
- Inform the Service Line Manager on project completion status (monthly basis), as well as on technical difficulties leading to a delay in payment, and when the project is finally closed.
- Effectively handle internal problems and client complaints, reporting issues that could have an adverse affect on project schedule, budget, or quality to operations management.
- Perform final closeout of projects in accordance with quality system requirements.
- Promote future business and task orders through regular communication with clients to determine potential opportunities for future work.
Other Job Duties
- Technical supervision and/or training of project management staff, as needed.
- Ensure that departmental procedures are followed
- Project a professional appearance and cooperative attitude; maintain high ethical standards and confidentiality in representing the Company to ensure a professional representation at all times.
- Assume other activities, duties, and responsibilities as needed.
- Comply with the requirements of the company's documented quality system.
- Remain current on changes within the industry through publications, and continuing education.
Our Contribution to You (Growth Opportunity)
At Fugro, we focus on helping our employees at every level of their career identify and use their strengths to contribute their best every day. From entry-level team members to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to grow knowledge and experiences. We support our employees by offering opportunities to sharpen their skills through on the job learning experiences to formal internal and external development programs.
At Fugro, we value people and offer a broad range of benefits which include, but are not limited to:
- A choice of Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Basic Group Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- A broad range of voluntary benefits
- An employer matched, 100% vested 401(k) Plan
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbent will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by the supervisor.
Fugro is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly.Job Posted by ApplicantPro